Saturday, October 7

Interesting week!

As it was rightly predicted by Shakirah (thanks for the comment by the way), I managed to sort out my PBL work before the PBL discussion session on Tuesday. I did not sleep for the whole night before to finish the PBL work... well I haven't actually finish them but I've done quite a reasonable amount. Tuesday's PBL discussion was rather interesting as well. My tutor Tomlinson sat beside me instead of his usual place right in front to 'make me feel nice'. I've probably said this before but I have to say it again - he's really one helpful tutor. He really knows the sciences well. Even I get corrected when talking about pharmacology stuff (which has never happened for the previous two semester as I'm the Queen of pharmacology). I really enjoyed having him in the group.

Wednesday's lab practical was the most interesting yet. We injected each other with local anaesthetic. I received four jabs from my partner while I gave him a jab. It was really fun! After the practical everyone was talking about it and proudly showing off their scars!

I'm also attending a training for a job as a stop smoking adviser. I hope everything goes on smoothly and I'll be able to actually do it unlike the Apex nursing thing. On Thursday night, I went to a Buddhist society talk. Met a few people and overall it was quite good and I'll definitely do for it again whenever I'm available. Yesterday morning, I went to the Manchester Blood Service centre to donate by blood. I have also consented to join the bone marrow register. And after that, I still can't believe it but I actually spent 6 hours in the library! Got quite a bit of neuroanatomy done.

No comments: