Thursday, February 2

Stress

I'm really saddened that some people just can't emphatise with people who can't control their feelings and say things like 'you are stressed because you choose to be'. I don't know a great deal about the choices but I certainly have never wanted stress or depression. It just came uninvited (isn't that obvious?) and sticks in your head. Today Dr Bundy was saying that oversea students had to deal with extra stress about the lonely experience, and I truly appreciate that. My perfectionist attitude (which I'm trying to gradually quit, trust me) and frequent bouts of depression were already driving me mad, things get worse when I had literally no one to turn to, let alone the feeling of suffocation in environment where human interaction is lacking. There's just no channel of expression at all, and therefore lead to problems of getting on with life... I was really tempted to call my parents and pour out all my emotions, but they'd either not have cared or start to nag at me. I know it really sounds contradictory but my point is at the end of the day, I just keep everything to myself and cry under the blanket alone. Sometimes it's really easy for people to say things like 'switch off', 'go out and have fun'or rubbish like that, but they really wouldn't understand that it's so much easier to say it than to do it.

No comments: