Thursday, February 16

Frustration

WARNING: Comments on this post are bitter. If you think you can't tolarate opinions which are narrow and nasty because somebody's not in the mood for positive and open thinking, please don't bother continuing.

Perhaps this is one of the days when I just keep thinking about negative side of stuff. About people, about PBL, about the things I do, basically about everything.

About this Malaysian girl, lets call her X. She thinks she so clever about knowing the British culture. I was just telling her about my comtemplation about going for tonight's Malaria pubcrawl, not because I enjoy it, but because I want to have fun with some of my dearest friends from my previous PBL. And she went on saying things about cultural difference, saying that British teenagers like alcohol because it makes them feel braver and more sociable. Well, who doesn't know that? But from my experiences going to pubs and nightclubs, which are more than hers I'm sure, the brats here just want to get wasted because apparently 'it feels nice'. I've tried it... and it does feels nice. Then she kept on arguing with me about what British does and does not when it comes to alcohol. I tried to be nice, but to a point I just feel really frustrated about it. I just don't want to carry on arguing anymore. What does she know? She's only been to a nightclub once, and she isn't even close with her own PBL group. Her circle of friends are really just fellow Malaysians. She likes to talk as though she's so strong and knows everything, but in actual fact, she knows nothing. Most of the things she said are words from her friends. All she does all day is shutting herself in the room and saying this and that about mat salleh, without even having the guts to go out into the world and meet a horizon of colours out there. I'm not saying that I'm much better than her, but at the least I've been to pubs and clubs a couple of times with my PBL-mates and went to my British friends' houses for Christmas and are joining judo and voluntary work, embrassing my fear of meeting new people and doing something that I feel strongly about. She always bitch about the Malays, the British, literally everyone that's not Chinese... and sometimes I'm just too tired of arguing with her because nothing changes her mind... it only makes her feel more rightly about herself. Mum's always telling me to make friends with Malaysian, but people like that, how do I bear with them? We simply have different wavelength.
It's really frustrating being with people who thinks so differently from me and refuse to acknowledge that other's way of thinking is ok...

1 comment:

Yuen said...

Whoa! Looks like you got yourself a handful over there.....

Considering that you're now reaching your breaking point [after which you might wring her neck and squeeze the living daylights out of her!], may I suggest that you keep a distance from X first....so you can stay out of her way, and she out of yours!! That way you wouldn't be so p*ssed, and you might regain your composure in no time. =p

Of course this is purely on a short-term basis only - one can never avoid another too long a time, no?...but meanwhile, try and enjoy your life there, alright? =D