Sunday, February 19

Nothing can bother me today - I'M HAPPY!

The title makes me sound as though I'm crazy...
But indeed, I'm really ecstatic today! After reading the many letters in the 'Let's Hear It' section of The Star Education for many weeks, I finally can't stand it and wrote an email to the section editor last week. Many parents and students were complaining about the Science and Math teachers' poor standard of English, and I wrote in some of my experience in college, having to learn Biology and Chemistry from Pn Norharyatee and Pn Azizah who were not so well versed in English then. I'm so happy that my letter's been published! Mum and some of my friends said it was a touching letter, though it could have been more dramatic if it wasn't editted at all (some of the words were changed and the overall piece was cut short). The students these days think their English is so good that they have to complain in the newspaper each time a teacher makes a spelling error... I'm so appalled by their attitude, and worse, they have full backing from their parents and the media. What's wrong with these people? If they are so smart, how can they not even comprehend the simple common sense that language cannot be learnt overnight and without making mistakes? I hope I manage to send my mesage across through the brief letter.
Have a look at the letter by following this link
http://thestar.com.my/education/story.asp?file=/2006/2/19/education/13405669
and if you wish, tell me what you think about it.

No comments: