Tuesday, January 5

... has gone mad!

Beautiful day! When I'm in revision mode, I tend to me in my little world, locking myself in the room with the curtain closed. What a surprsise this morning when I go out to see the whole ground, trees and building snow white! The snow was just above my ankle deep. NICE. Bus was super slow, I thought I was late for the lecture, but when I arrived half of the people had not arrived yet.

This is the part when I thought the world has gone mad. In the middle of the lecture, the lecturer made an announcement: 'In view of the adverse weather conditions and consequential transport disruptions in and around Manchester, the university ... advises all staff and students to leave from 12 noon today and that all buildings will be closed from 2pm today. So guys, lectures this afternoon are cancelled.'. And the reaction from the student? 'OH NO!!!'

When is students ever disappointed over lecture cancellation?

Then when the lecture finishes, people went out of the building and started having snow ball fights. I didn't join in of course because I'm no longer a child. Some snowballs landed on me nonetheless.

I'd have thought rain (especially windy, torrential, violent rain) is a better reason to give people a day off than snow.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tq for visiting my blog.. balas balik dgn bagi u comment.

your english very pro.. btw, your story still sound like harry potter.the picture in y head got snow, got sound track some more. Ada belajar defense against dark arts?

Yee Yen said...

tq for your comment ginny peo. we don't study defense against dark arts, but we learn potions all the time. The potions save life all the time.