Thursday, January 21

Can't stop thinking!!!

about my OSCE. I don't think I've done enough to pass. If I fail I think it will be a borderline fail. If I pass it will be borderline as well. I've not failed any OSCE before. But I've never achieved above average grade either. I was on the wrong frame of mind when doing the OSCE, kept on overhearing other people doing their stations and thinking how other people are doing so much better than I am (breaking the rule of EWW 3 - see below). And I kept on dwelling on how many marks out of 7 on each station have I obtained while I should have left the judging to the examiner as it was their job to worry about those, not mine. I'm also worried about the PMP paper. I found it really hard, couldn't answer more than half of the questions. Don't understand how other people can be so chilled out about it.

In my grade 6 piano exam I scraped through with 101 mark (the pass mark was 100), my narrowest escape yet. I'm sure I didn't deserve to pass as I was stopping all the through the pieces and sounded very unpractised. I remembered on the way out the door I said to the examiner sorry I performed badly it was because I was very nervous. Maybe that's why he took pity on me and gave me that literally borderline pass.

Would I be so lucky this time around?

If I have to resit, I will know what I have to do to pass, and I shall pass. I had the substance, just not the right frame of mind. It was really comforting that one of my friends who is a mature student said that I will pass because she trusts me to look after her and her family as a doctor.

One more paper tomorrow.

And then I need to go away. Don't speak to me about medicine and exams in the mean time.


.

No comments: