Saturday, December 20

Today is a sad day.

It's result day. I managed just a pass. I don't understand. Especially the 3/7 in the psychiatry history station. I have been getting 3-4/7 for all the history stations for the past three OSCEs now. I don't know what was wrong. I was sure I asked all the necessary questions. Perhaps the examiners think I was being too nice to the patient - I do have a tendency to do that and I don't think I'm sorry for that. I have spoken to one of my tutor about this but she thought I was fine as far as real life practical medicine is concerned. I'll probably email her again after christmas. Overall I'm upset about the result eventhough I promised myself on exam day that I'd be only too happy to just pass.

I have just finished a 3500 words essay - spent about 3 nights awake writing it. I couldn't do it over the weekend as I was too busy. Sitting beside me, my supervisor spent about 5 minutes reading through the 3500 words, and gave me an above average. It's not that I'm not pleased about the results - it's just that I thought she would be a little more detailed in her assessment. It made me wonder what was the point of fussing about the whole night making sure everything is perfect.

Now I'm free. Will write more over the weekend. About chorus, and about clinical genetics.


.

2 comments:

Wan Cheng said...

Dun be sad becos of ur result la.. Ur exam is over.. U should be celebrating!
Ya i'd be a bit annoyed too if my supervisor is like tat.. Hahaha.. But dun worry.. I'm sure ur effort will pay off in some way..

Yee Yen said...

Thanks for dropping by. I feel so guilty that you always comment on my blog but I haven't been doing that on yours. Are you trying to provoke my guilty conscience?

I've been going to the gym for the last 3 days berturut-turut which I've never done before. I felt really high. I can now see the reality of me running a 10k race next year - that'll be my goal. So now at least I have something to do over the holiday.