Saturday, November 12

Why do I always have odd dreams nowadays?

Now I'm beginning to believe that what u think is what u'll dream. Yesterday was quite fun... started the Dr Eric Bell on immunology. Interesting oldman... I'd actually understand the concepts so well after his lecture, maybe because the content are mostly just a refreshment for what I've done in IB Biology. Then we had PBL, which was fine... as usual I contributed whatever I knew n it was just fine really. Yet somehow I just felt uncomfortable, perhaps because I was sitting beside Rob (our tutor) - the last time I sat beside him, I didn't even made a sound throughout the whole PBL. Otherwise I honestly didn't know what's the problem with me. I just felt so down after PBL, didn't joint the rest to eat at the student union (N partly because I have financial constraint as well). I went straight up to the third floor for the library, n met Dr Melissa Westwood on the stairs (Exchange a bit of 'how r u' 'i'm fine thanks'). The library's so noisy.. really hate the Stopford Library sometimes, these people just won't keep their voice down. Managed to copy something on psychosocial aspects of HIV/AIDS from the very highly demanded 'Psychology n Sociology Applied to Medicine' book. Then I proceeded on reading up a little bit of anatomy for dissection session later on.
For the first time we were really going to dissect on the cadever. I felt really excited about it. We were going to look around the pectoral girdle, that includes all the bones, muscles, joints, nerves, vessels etc. The blades that we used was really sharp, u can easily cut through the skin even without using any strength. It's really not like any other sessions when most of us gets sleepy. When I finished washing my hands, I meant to turn off the tap but turn towards the wrong end n the water splashed out n got Phil all wet! Haha! ('Cheers for that!' he said to me...)
After dissection our PBL group went to Wagamama at the city centre, some Korean restaurant. The food was expensive, but it's not bad n the portion's quite big. Viv n John brought their girlfriends. It's really a pleasant surprise to learn what they tell their girlfriends about me, and also how my other PBL-mates told their friends about me. Liz n Sara (Viv n John's girlfriends) told me that they said I bring life to the group n makes this whoel dull PBL learning more fun n interesting... u know, that we have something to laugh about to lighten ourselves in the midst of discussion about body parts n molecular biochemistry stuff. I'm really happy to learn that because I personally don't remember bringing any life to any group of people that I've been with. I was always the nerd, only concerned with serious stuff - n I thought I still am now... Just don't understand how these people think...
I had a long day. Came back, bathe quickly n went to bed straight away. I didn't really sleep well coz my flat's so noisy upstairs. But I remember dreaming about going to a GP placement myself in a teenage female patient's house (I was talking to Adil about our GP placement at Wagamama). I was suppose to report to Dr Melissa Westwood (She's not medically trained in real life) but another female doc has came to replace her. She injected this girl with a really long n fat n big syringe, to draw blood apparently. When the doc has filled up almost three quarter of the syringe the girl suddenly push the blood back into the body saying 'thats too much!'.. After that I left the house with a nurse, a black lady. She agreed to give me a ride n drop me off at Oxford Road. It turned out that she understands Malay n asked me to join her for dinner at a restaurant. N even more surprisingly, the restaurant really looks like the one our family always go to (Si yao fook's neighboor) n apparently her husband's a Malaysian high rank military officer! Isn't that weird?

No comments: