Tuesday, October 13

Bus

I'm getting stressed every single morning over the Oxford Road buses. Basically these buses have to stick to their own scheduele but then they arrive at my stop early. So getting from where I am to the city centre can take 10 minutes or 30 minutes, depending on my luck. If I'm lucky and the bus is in a hurry, it would zoom pass the stops very quickly, jump the red light, overtake the traffic etc. But if I'm unlucky, it would be stood stationary at my stop for a further 10 minutes, then drive at a speed of 5 km/hr and wait for another 5 minutes at every single stops. And the connecting bus to my hospital: it's suppose to run every 15 minutes, but it has a habit of skipping one or two of them. I've had to wait for half an hour with no bus, and then have 3 buses turning up togather. STUPID!!!! So I would arrive at hospital either 30 minues early or 30 minutes late... silly isn't it? I really hate these buses!!! I'm all for saving the environment but not at the expense of my mental health. Can't wait to drive my own car.

. . . . .

Any strangers who talk to me in the bus out of the blue are bad unless and until proven otherwise. Unfortunately it happens quite a lot. I just don't understand. What makes people think that they have a right to talk to me and ask me all about what course am I doing, where do I come from, where do I live and sometimes what is my religion! Yesterday, a chinese guy in his 40s was sitting in front of me when he started turning around and asking me questions in chinese. I answered out of politeness. But he then immediately said my chinese was 'bu biao jun' (not accurate), how untactful! I also often find that when people from china need assistance, they would just spot a chinese face on the street, talking away in chinese and just assume that you'd help. Like I said, to me, strangers who approach me are bad until proven otherwise, so I'd normally pretend not being able to speak in chinese, that's usually enough to put them off. Haha!!!

. . . . .

No comments: