Saturday, September 12

Charmed

Did you realise that charming people are such rare breed? I met one. It was the consultant in the clinic. Actually his most charismatic moment was when he did the introductory lecture last week. I remembered that I was still so busy talking to my friend when he was already ready to start and he looked at me, and I instantly fell silent... I don't know how he did it, it was as if he was able to connect to each and every one in the audience by his powerful eye contact. Very enthusiastic as well. This morning's clinic has been a bliss. Then we had another lecture with him after the clinic. Again I was really drawn in. Then there was an interactive exercise bit, and I couldn't believe that I sticked up my hand instantly after he asked 'who wants to do the first question' because while the mic was on the way to me I realized that I didn't actually know the answer... It's as if my right hand was acting from a remote control command, not from my brain. Nevermind. Didn't have time to panic. Albeit that extremely stressful situation (time pressure, all attention on me including the most charming person in the auditorium and my voice was to be amplified - I can never be comfortable with microphones etc) a bit of quick thinking I managed save myself from embarassment by giving the right answers. Maybe that's why he is a consultant at such a young age.
.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

walau a... the eye contact sound like professor dumbledore le... quite interesting... i agree on the part that charming people is like rear 'animals' nowadays...