Friday, June 19

Free thoughts

*****

Occasionally when I walk pass student flats and smell food that I know and I like, I would crave for it uncontrollably. Such happened about a month ago. It was the chicken dish that women in confinement eat. I love confinement food. They taste spicy and appetizing. So I asked mummy for the recipe. Apparently it requires wine, so for the first time in my life, I bought a (small) bottle of wine from the supermarket. I cooked the chicken dish - not great, and I am not keen to try again soon. What should I do with the rest of the wine left? Two days ago, I poured a quarter of a glass to drink with my dinner. I felt awful after that! Terrible headache, felt sleepy, and absolutely couldn't concentrate on my reading (of some journal articles, not surprising!). I think I even have a little hangover on the day after. Why? I fear this may well be a psychological response, since (based on my knowledge of medicine) to make me feel that awful from 30mL of wine is physiologically impossible. I am very pressed for time this week, so not going anywhere near it.

*****

I wonder if one of my friends has got bipolar disorder. I have not really seen the manic side of her yet, but occasionally she does dresses very fancy. And yesterday she wore really really colourful make ups. And I know she has suffered from severe depression before. I will be looking out for some more manic features.

*****

I dislike being dragged along into management meetings, or even just hearing senior doctors talking about management. I feel like a child in a room full of adults discussing and arguing over adult matters and I really shouldn't be in here.

*****

I had a great dream last night.

*****

This week is extremely busy. I have just realised that as late minute person I am in a lifelong race against time and I have always won so far.

.

1 comment:

Wan Cheng said...

Hahaha.. What a funny post!

I'm sure tats ur xin li zuo yong la.. I've drank more and never felt as terrible as u described.. Hahaha! And i dun think western wine matches chinese confinement food well..