Thursday, March 1

Exam results

Hello all

Just got my exam results. Relieve to have passed everything but not too excited because the grades are not up to my (and important others') expectations. I received honours grade for two papers (Semester and progress tests) and satisfactory grade for OSCE.

Semester test was really good (two more marks to distinction in fact), perhaps because I really really enjoyed studying the brain and its accesories and told myself I HAVE TO NAIL IT - It's now or never.

Progress test - eventhough it's an honour, I got 48 this time compared to 50 last time, which is a BIG WARNING for me to BE SERIOUS about bucking up and NOT BE COMPLACENT.

OSCE - Just got satisfactory grade. I received 81% (quite impressive actually) which is unfortunately just two marks away from the honours grade. I could have gotten the honours grade - I'm not in denial here but dead serious. I swear I did everything right and deserve full marks (100) in the Cranial nerves testing station but only got 58 marks - What The Hell?! O Well.. at least the results would do me some good - I.e. forcing myself to work harder next time.

I just can't believe how kiasu I am now. Perhaps it's because I'm really feeling the competitiveness among my peers now. Everyone is really serious about their studies now. Back in the first year, I would have been the only one in the group who have completed the anatomy worksheet before dissection. But now I can hardly find anyone who haven't read up before a session. Also I am allocated into a really bright group this semester. Kind of starting to feel a bit insecure about myself...

I also feel a bit of pressure from my parents as well. When I was having my exams, mummy and pa said it's ok not to get honours grade, as long as I have tried my best. But now, it's been almost 24 hours since I sent each of them a text messege regarding my results and I still haven't heard from them... They must be a bit unhappy or disappointed that I haven't manage all honours this time. Lots of internal conflicts and external pressure right now. Can't really talk to anyone about it. Feel sick.

3 comments:

Yuen said...

Don't be too harsh on yourself. What you've gotten is actually very good. Kudos to you, on a job well done! XD

And like you said, since you feel you could do better in your OSCE, why not take it as an "incentive" and perform better the next time around? There's still a chance to get that "straight honours" once again, right? =P

Conratulations once again!

Yee Yen said...

Thanks Ongie for your comment. Gosh I'm so embarassed that you're seen the extremely kiasu side of mine... Mind you I'm not usually like that. I know I ought to be satisfied but I just have this frustrating feeling that I know I could do better. Hope you are doing well in Australia. Started to miss you and the BBGS gangs already. Tell me when you will be coming back yea! I won't be back this summer. Maybe christmas 2007. Keep me informed yea!

Anonymous said...

marks aren't everything. it's what you learn that counts.

you're emphasizing the wrong aspect of your education.