Sunday, June 4

Summer

Life after exams has been more boring than I thought. I finished Dean Kootnz's Life Expectancy in two days. Not really explosive but the plot was ok... a bit scarry reading it alone at 2am. The weather's been really really warm these few days and staying indoor is just like roasting yourself in the oven. Yesterday was the first time that I actually enjoyed the sunshine. I went for a barbeque in Pip and Mick's garden in Salford. It was good! I didn't really eat much (I'm a shy eater in public). Glad that my nasi goreng I made was finished. Talking to people was the biggest enjoyment. I talked to the refugee doctors that I've known through Reache and that I've not known. Also chatted with the neighbours who came, other few medical students who were there and some other doctors. I even met one of my communication skills tutor there. And of course, like I always do, I played with children. I also learnt some Rwanda and Iraqi traditional dance. It was really relaxing and can't describe it but I really had fun. And I have my first suntan in England after 5 hrs under the sun!

O yeah... I should mention about the tram ride as well. Yesterday I experienced the worst tram ride that I've ever had. There was a pre-world cup friendly match between England and Jamaica at Old Trafford (Manchester United's Stadium). It was horrendous. I waited at St Peter's square for four trams to Eccles before I could actually board. Every tram that came and gone was full and has absolutely got no room for anymore passenger. After the departure of the forth tram, I was just so fed up and promise myself that I'm going to get in no matter how full it is. And I did. I literally had to squeeze myself into the tram between people like a sponge. The tram ride itself, as you might have expect, is not pleasant at all. Even on my way back, people were just chanting, singing and swearing loadly in the tram... Don't feel comfortable at all. For that reason, I don't think I'll be betting on England this worldcup.

No comments: