Sunday, October 2

Roaming around Manchester again

I find myself quite restless these days. I thought I like to enjoy the peace and quiet in my private study room, but turn out that the longer I stay in my room, the more time I waste, and worse, the more water I drink n the more food(mostly rubbish) I consume. So I ended up going out to the city centre of Manchester early in the morning on Saturday. I bought a badminton racquet and intended to look around n buy some warm clothing n some sports clothing (including swimming suit). Unfortunately I was too undecisive and finally left with nothing. After that I went to a shop in China town n bought some tomyam paste, toufu, a scoop n soya sauce. The weather during that particular morning was terrible. It was raining quite heavily n the wind was so strong that I can see so many people's umbrella breaking! Can u imagine how cold I was? But it was over the moment I board the bus from Piccadilly to MRI. On that evening, Ai Ling, Pei Lian, Mei Lin, Yi Yian n I went to the other seniors' house at Longsight. We spent the whole evening there chatting away and having tea while the others gambled (Very low bet: ranging 1p to 50p). After coming back to Whitworth Park, I served Yi Yian n Ai Ling fried rice with the left over soup. I was flattered when they told me that my cooking was 'professional'... We continued to talk until around 1:30am in the room after dinner. Yi Yian slept over in my room because it was too creepy to go back so late at nite. At the middle of the nite (about half past 4) the fire alarm set off.. I think it was the drunken people at the neighbooring flat who set off the alarm...
This morning, I went off to Fallowfield - Armitage Sports Centre to play badminton. It was great knowing people through the game. I met Raymond - who was my partner n my opponents - Carol of China n Nic of Manchester. I was a bit disappointed that I sweated so little even after the long continuous 1 n a half hour play. On the way back, I met Pei Lian n she invited me over to her place for lunch. She served me porridge mixed with some onions. meat n carrots. She was quite worried that it's not going to be good but actually these days, I don't really care about taste anymore - as long as the rite nutrient gets into my body. Then, before going back, I explored Fallowfield a bit n shopped in Sainsbury for a while. It's basically a nice place to shop - great variety yet I find the goods a bit too expensive compared to stores like Asda n Lidl. By the time took a bus back to the City campus n I reach my room, it was already around half past 5. I was so exhausted (considering that I never slept well the nite before).

1 comment:

Yuen said...

Finally you have a comment section!!! Yay!!! *grins*

Glad to know that you're alright over there. *winks* But do take good care of yourself, ya? The cold season can get pretty harsh out there. Heard from Dad that UK rains are quite nasty at times too....guess you have experienced them, haven't you? Go get yourself a wind-resistent umbrella - it will REALLY be useful...

By the way, when are you getting a chatterbox? Then your readers can 'tag' your box anytime they want....hehehe. You can go to 'Tagg' link in my bloggie and click on "get a free chatterbox", which is right at the bottom of my tag-board. =)

Cheers! *grins*