Friday, September 30

Very tiring day...

Actually I'm not supposed to be tired but somehow I am. I'd just cooked a complete proper meal for myself for dinner: 1 soup, 1 greens with ham and rice. Doesn't sound too sophisticated, does it? It took my nearly an hour and a half to finish cooking... That's excluding the washing time. That's why I'm so exhausted rite now. Yet I feel happy because I can finally cook a decent meal for myself (Decent enough by a beginner's standard).
Another reason I'm being so tired is that I'd spent almost all nite working on my PBL training case. I don't know why was I so enthusiated about it... It may be my perfectionist attitude that's messing around again (U know.. Yee Yen must be so perfect that she can't afford to miss a single information or she'll die..). However I'm quite happy to say that my hardwork has paid off. I thoroughly enjoyed the PBL today. I contributed so much of info n knowledge that I read through these two days for the case (Though I did blurt some craps...totally stupid..). I guess, to think again, I went searching so much info because I don't want to look or sound too stupid, but I guess judging from today's session, I'd clearly overworked at least by a bit. At the beginning I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to present the information I researched because I barely had enough time to digest it - I stopped researching at 9am n PBL's on 10am. I even tried presenting out aloud in my room during the one hour gap. But it turned out to be ok. My PBL-mates were awesome. The chair for the day, Viv, was really good as he went around asking people for info so none of us would feel left out. At first I was a bit...u know...tergagap-gagap, but it went more or less smoother after the warm up. I was quite impressed at myself being able to fully understand some of the knowledge and explained it explicitly to my PBL-mates without even referring to notes, like stuff about statin, lipoprotein, protein synthesis etc. All of us also seemed to be able to work togather quite coherantly. John was especially supportive for me... I don't know whether he's done it on purpose or not but he gave me two big thumb ups after I explained something about the HDL n LDL.. really made me feel so good! I also want to express my gratitude to my other PBL-mates (Adil, Lauren, Rachel, Rhys, Jeff, Tom, Uzo, Anisha, Viv n Claire) for making this PBL such a success. Thanks also to Dr Melissa Westwood for being such a encouraging n helpful tutor (Was a bit disappointed when she told us that she's not gonna be our tutor for this semester).
On the other hand, dissection was quite a blunder today. We were taught the positioning terms for anatomy n it's as if I completely lost sense of orientation. Each round after learning some terms, Philip (our anatomy demonstrator) would test all of us to see whether we understand the concept. I think I got 3 out of 4 wrong. The worse thing is that I'd actually read about these terms a few days before...I was so embarassed to tell anyone about that.. I'm so used to seeing the movement of the upper limbs in the book that when I was asked questions regarding the hip and the knee, I can't do it.. I think I ought to spend more time grasping the concepts this weekend. I'm not going to allow this to happen again next week!

No comments: