Wednesday, June 23

Appalled

There you go Wan Teng - another new vocabulary for you.


I did an audit, and emailed both the statistical analysis and conclusion to the consultant. It consisted two word files and one spreadsheet weeks ago. Our exchanges thus far have been via email. I met him yesterday for the first time since this audit started. 


Admittedly the writings are long winded and painful to read. The second file is easier to read. Page 1 consisted a nice table summarising everything the audit aims to find. Pages 2-3 are the further calculations and conclusions drawn from the table. When we went through the files yesterday, it felt strange that he only referred to the first page, and was analyzing the nice table aloud - of things that I have already analyzed on the next page. So I told him to SCROLL DOWN. And viola, here are all the answers! It was clear that he had just read the first page, not the rest, which I had burnt several thousands of neurones to generate. He didn't read the first file either, which was actually mostly rubbish but one paragraph in the middle. Anyway, I was in a good mood yesterday and I felt he was willing to be more supportive (than before), so all is forgotten and forgiven. 


Hope I will get to do a presentation and a publication on this audit. Wish me luck.


.

No comments: